The aim of this course is to enhance the understanding of what Cyber Security is and provide information regarding the respective threats, the system’s vulnerabilities, the risk assessment process, the procedural and technical measures. Also, the course aims to alert and assist seafarers’ to tackle any cyber attack by responding effectively and achieving business continuity.
- Types of threats and threat actors
- Stages of cyber attack
- The cyber risk assessment process
- Technical and procedural measures that can be applied by a vessel in order to avoid cyber attacks
- Steps for effective response to cyber incidents
Legislation & References:
- Guidelines On Cyber Security Onboard Ships (v2) – International Chamber of Shipping (ICS)
- ABS Cyber Security Principles to Marine & Offshore Operations
- ISO 27001
- ISO 27002
- ISO 27005
- NIST: National Institute of Standards and Technology
Who should attend: All crew (Operational & Management)
Certificate: Liberia & ABS
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.