Who should attend: Shipboard personnel (Management and Operational) involved in the cargo operations on crude oil tankers.
The course provides the training to the designated person as per VOC plan and provides a wealth of information to operational and management personnel involved with cargo operations.
Objectives and benefits: VOC emissions are harmful both for the environment and the industry. In this course you will comprehend the nature of VOC emissions, as well as how these emissions can be reduced by means of specialized equipment, best practices, specific procedures and thorough planning and monitoring.
· Understand the nature of VOC emission and their impact on the environment.
· Describe the available methods used onboard for VOC management.
· Comprehend ways to minimize VOC emissions.
· Recognize the contents of the VOC management plan.
Legislation & References:
· MEPC.1/Circ.680 Technical Information on Systems and Operation to Assist Development of VOC Management Plans (IMO)
· MSC/Circ.585 Vapour Emission Control System (VECS) MSC/Circ.585 Vapour Emission Control System (VECS)
· MARPOL Annex VI – Regulation 15
· SOLAS Ch. II-2, Regulation 11.6 “Protection of cargo tank structure against pressure or vacuum in tankers”
· OCIMF – Volatile Organic Compound Emissions from Cargo Systems on Oil Tankers
· Industry practices
Certificate: ABS and Liberia
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.