STCW Security Awareness (PSA) online course aims to provide the knowledge required to enable personnel without designated security duties in connection with a Ship Security Plan (SSP) to enhance ship security. In accordance with the requirements of Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS 74 as amended, the ISPS Code, and section A-VI/6-1 of the STCW Code, as amended.
Those who successfully complete this course should achieve the required standard of competence enabling them to contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness and the ability to recognize security threats and to respond appropriately.
STCW PSA course at glance
- Approval: Liberia, ΙΜΟ whitelist flag, click here for LISCR approval, line 475
- Who is it for: Marine and Non-Marine roles including Officers and Ratings of merchant vessels, Cruise ships crews, Super yacht crews
- Accepted by: All flags that accept IMO whitelisted approved training including U.K MCA, Malta and Panama. Also: Liberia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Cooks Island, Dominica, Egypt, Hong Kong/P.R.C, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Morocco, Oman, Palau, Tanzania, Taiwan.
- STCW Compliance: Fully compliant with STCW Code as amended
- Courses and Assessment: Online only, available 24/7, both theoretical and practical parts
- Duration: 4h
- Prerequisites: Passport
- Eligibility: Newcomers and Refresh training
- Certificate provided: Digital, PDF file (stamped hard copy available upon request)
- Certificate Validity: For life – please note that some companies require refresh every five (5) years.
Complete the course at your own time and place, save time and money with asynchronous e-learning. All you need is an internet-enabled device available (desktop/laptop/tablet/smartphone and a couple of days.
No transportation costs • No wasted time • Also available on board • No physical attendance
- Recognize the meaning and the consequential requirements of the different security levels.
- Comprehend the emergency procedures and contingency plans.
- Recognize and detect weapons, dangerous substances, and devices.
- Identify characteristics and behavioral patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security.
- Recognize techniques used to circumvent security measures.
Documents required to attend
After purchasing this course you shall receive instructions in order to provide the following documentation:
Documents should be received in PDF/PNG/JPG format. You can either scan or photograph them, please make sure that they are legible.
Kindly note that before you purchase any course it is your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer as your employer may have specific requirements.