Company Security Officer (CSO) online course. The aim of this course is to provide adequate knowledge to those who may be designated to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Company Security Officer (CSO), as defined in paragraph 2.1.7 (and paragraph 11) of the ISPS Code, Part A, Annex of MSC/Circ.1154, and the IMO Model Course 3.20.
- Develop, maintain and supervise the implementation of a Ship Security Plan.
- Assess security risk, threat and vulnerability.
- Ensure appropriate security measures are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure that security equipment and systems, if any, are properly operated.
- Encourage security awareness and vigilance.
Legislation & References:
- Annex of MSC/Circ.1154
- IMO Model Course 3.20
Who should attend: Personnel involved in security matters in shipping companies, Designated Person Ashore, Company Security Officers, Operation Managers, Marine and Technical Superintendents, Internal Auditors, Personnel of security companies
Duration: 18 h
Certificate: ABS, Liberia
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.