Who should attend: Deck Operational, Deck Management, Engine Operational, Engine Management and support
Objectives and Benefits: The aim of this course is to provide an overview of the structural fire protection of vessels with regards to the fire precautions of important areas of ships, the class divisions and the emergency power supply systems.
- General Fire Precautions
- Specific Fire Precautions
- Structural Fire protection
- Means of escape
- Emergency Power Supply Systems
- Emergency switchboards
Legislation & References:
- The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS):
- Chapter II-1 – Construction – Subdivision and stability, machinery and electrical installations.
- Chapter II-2 – Fire protection, fire detection and fire extinction.
- Chapter III-3 – Life-saving appliances and arrangements.
- International Code for Fire Safety Systems (FSS Code), adopted by the MSC by resolution MSC.98(73)
- Fire Test Procedures (FTP Code) (1998 Edition)
Certificate: ABS & Liberia
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.