Course category: COMMON
Who should attend: All crew (Operational & Management)
Objectives and Benefits: The aim of this course is to provide guidance to the Master and the crew of a vessel regarding the plan and procedures for recovering persons from the water and to make them familiar with cold water survival techniques.
- Content and structure of the plan for recovery operations
- Regulations for the recovery of persons from the water
- Basic phases of a recovery operation
- Impact of cold water immersion on the human body
- Coldwater survival techniques
- First aid treatment procedures for cold water victims
Legislation & References:
- SOLAS Regulation III/ 17-1
- IMO MSC.1/ Circ 1447
- IMO MSC.1/ Circ. 1182/ REV.1
- IMO MSC.1/ Circ. 1185/ REV.1
Certificate: ABS & Liberia
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.