Course category: Common
Who should attend: All crew (Operational & Management)
Objectives and Benefits: The aim of this course is to properly prepare seafarers to carry out their duties on board ships, by applying the food safety principles.
- International legislative requirements and standards for health and hygiene
- Control measures to prevent the transmission of communicable diseases on board
- Ways to respond to incidents and diseases that may occur on board ships
Legislation & References:
- International Health Regulations (IHR) (2005)
- Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) (2006)
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.