Ship Safety Officer Incident online course aims to properly prepare the individual to carry out successfully the role of Safety Officer onboard. Under the International Safety Management (ISM) code, every ship must appoint a Ship Safety Officer (SSO) who has the knowledge, experience, and skills to look over the important safety issues related to shipping safety and crew’s well-being.
The aim of this course is to properly prepare the individual to carry out successfully the role of Safety Officer onboard and:
- Understand the requirements of the International Management System (ISM).
- Apply the requirements of the Safety Management System onboard a ship (SMS).
- Organize safe operations onboard a ship and prevention of pollution.
- Apply the methods of conducting additional training onboard a ship for safety and environmental protection.
- Safety investigation of Casualties & Incidents.
Legislation & References:
- Industry Best Practices
Who should attend: Existing and prospective Safety Officers
Certificate: ABS & Liberia
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.