Course category: TECHNICAL
Who should attend: All crew (Operational & Management)
Objectives and Benefits:The aim of this course is to provide awareness of the Articles and Regulations of the Ballast Water Management Convention, the Guidelines accompanying the Convention, BWMP development, implementation and operation, BWRB keeping, the USCG Ballast water program and the EPA compliance.
- Articles and Regulations of the Ballast Water Management Convention;
- Guidelines of the Convention;
- Ballast Water Management (BWM) Documentation & Certification;
- Ballast Water Management Plan development, implementation and operation;
- Ballast Water Record Book keeping;
- USCG Ballast water program;
- EPA compliance;
- Consequences of untreated Ballast Water for the environment and vessels.
Legislation & References:
- International Convention for the Control and Management of Ships’ Ballast Water and Sediments (BWM)
- USCG Ballast water program
- EPA compliance
Certificate: ABS & Liberia
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.