Course category: TECHNICAL
Who should attend: The session should be attended by those involved with ship electric networks, office superintendents and shipboard engineer and electro-technical officers.
Objectives and Benefits: This course is intended to provide an in depth description of High Voltage electrical and automation systems, with typical voltages of 3.3 KV and 6.6 KV, as well as the procedures for their installation and testing.
- High Voltage Basic Principles.
- High Voltage general issues.
- Electric propulsion & power converters, starters.
- High Voltage protection and basic principles.
- High Voltage power quality principles.
- High Voltage power management systems.
- Typical samples from classification requirements.
- Electrical safety Rules
Legislation & References:
- STCW Table A-III/6, Specification of minimum standard of competence for electro-technical officers