Ballast Water Treatment – Technologies online course aims to help trainees become familiar with the philosophy, methods and means used to treat ballast water. The trainees will acquire basic knowledge of the various technologies currently applied on most commercial Ballast Water Treatment Systems; technologies that have prevailed in the market.
- Methods and means used to treat ballast water;
- Necessity of filtration and types of filters;
- Active substance and physical disinfection technologies.
Legislation & References:
- Best Practices for the operation of Ballast Water Management Systems
- Research on ballast water treatment systems and operational experiences from ships
Who should attend: All crew (Operational & Management)
Certificate: ABS & Liberia
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.