IMDG Code: Ηazardous and harmful cargoes online course is designed to provide an extensive understanding of the IMDG Code, including the handling, labeling, packaging, and classification of hazardous and harmful cargoes.
Key Learning Objectives
- Gain comprehensive knowledge about the risks associated with the maritime transportation of Dangerous Goods in their packaged form.
- Enumerate the classification of Dangerous Goods as per the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code.
- Define and distinguish between various characteristics of Packing Groups and understand how UN Number Allocation works.
- Provide a detailed explanation of correct packing procedures, stowage, and segregation strategies for incompatible substances found within transported dangerous goods.
- Specify general protocols to follow during incidents involving dangerous goods, including necessary fire precautions and safety measures.
- Identify all 9 classes of transported dangerous goods according to their definitions in the IMDG Code.
- Provide an insightful description of each class’s provisions under the dangerous goods classification system following IMDG standards.
Who Should Attend?
All crew (on board), and ashore personnel
Course Delivery Method
The course leverages an interactive digital platform that offers learners flexibility to study at their own pace through engaging multimedia content such as videos, animations, quizzes alongside simulations resembling real-life situations.
Approval: ABS and Liberia