Who should attend: Accountants and shipping accountants, controllers and finance directors, who work within the maritime sector.
Objectives and benefits: The masterclass aims to refresh the main IFRS concepts relevant to this subject and to take the participant through a thorough example that covers the full implementation of these concepts. US GAAP differences are also covered as commentary.
- Recap the basic technical elements of IAS 36:
- Indications of Impairment.
- Determining whether an asset has been impaired.
- Calculating and recording the impairment loss.
- Reversing an impairment loss.
- Go through a practical example in detail that outlines a complete impairment exercise, containing a step-by-step value-in-use exercise.
- Discuss the differences between IFRS and US GAAP in this area.
Legislation & References: Industry practices
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.