Who should attend: Accountants and shipping accountants, controllers and finance directors, who work within the maritime sector.
Objectives and benefits: The masterclass aims to refresh the main IFRS concepts relevant to this subject and to take the participant through a thorough example that covers the full implementation of these concepts. US GAAP differences are also covered as commentary.
- Recap the basic technical elements of IAS 36:
- Indications of Impairment.
- Determining whether an asset has been impaired.
- Calculating and recording the impairment loss.
- Reversing an impairment loss.
- Go through a practical example in detail that outlines a complete impairment exercise, containing a step-by-step value-in-use exercise.
- Discuss the differences between IFRS and US GAAP in this area.
Legislation & References: Industry practices