Hose Handling Cranes online course provides guidance in order to ensure the smooth operation of the ship’s crane. Working on board a cargo vessel is a dangerous job, especially during crane operations. Any number of errors or missed opportunities for safety precautions could lead to an accident, that may result in injuries or even death. Therefore, the necessary pre-operational checks, appropriate maintenance and smooth operation of the ship’s crane should be applied to ensure safety on board.
- Comprehend the specifications and operating procedures of Hose Handling (HH) Cranes.
- Understand how to transfer personnel using a Hose Handling (HH) Crane.
- Identify the hand signals to ensure safe crane operations.
- Recognize the importance of carrying out proper testing, examinations and maintenance of Hose Handling (HH) Cranes.
Legislation & References:
- SOLAS/ILO 152/OCIMF/ISM
- Guide of Certification of Lifting Appliances 2020
- IACS Rules
- Code of Lifting Appliances for Marine Environment LR (CLAME)
- Code of Safe Working Practices
Who should attend: All crew (Operational & Management)
Duration: 2 h
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.