Surgical Emergencies onboard ships online course. The aim of this course is to raise awareness regarding Surgical Emergencies that might arise on board vessels.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Comprehend how to provide first aid for burn injuries depending on their severity.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of respiratory and chemical burns and how to provide initial aid to a respiratory or chemical burn victim.
- Identify the types of injury in electrocution cases and assist an electrical shock victim in preventing further damage.
- Understand what you should do in case of an eye foreign body and how to prevent it.
- Comprehend how to provide first aid to a nosebleed and an ear bleeding.
- Identify how to prevent a tooth infection or loss and what steps to follow to manage tooth loss.
- STCW requirements
- IMO requirements
- World Health Organization (WHO) health regulations
- Industry Best Standards
Duration: We suggest you study twice the material dedicating about 180 minutes each time.
Who should attend: All crew
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.