Who should attend: Deck Operational and support, Engine operational and support crew members
Objectives and benefits: Upon the completion of the course, the participants will have a thorough knowledge of the regulations of Annex V of MARPOL and be able to identify opportunities for further improving the current garbage management plan and implement actions that can easily ensure compliance and an environmentally sound waste management in harmony with the established environmental standards of the company. The course also includes garbage collection, processing, storage, disposal and record-keeping, using the Garbage Record Book from the person responsible.
- The background of MARPOL Annex V in the latest revision
- The rules about exception and the prohibition of garbage that can be discharged into the sea, the distances from the nearest land and the conditions applied
- The importance of planning for the collection, storage, processing and disposal of a ship’s garbage
- Garbage minimization to aid compliance with Annex V
- The consequences of illegal discharges and false record-keeping
Legislation & References:
- MARPOL 73/78, as amended, Annex V
Certificate: ABS & Liberia
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.