Who should attend: Deck and Engine Management and support
Objectives and Benefits: Provides an overview of firefighting techniques, including using fire extinguishers and fighting fire with hoses and fixed installations as well as all necessary information required under a ship’s Safety Of Life At Sea (SOLAS) Training Manual. Last but not least the course includes general information about drills, training and maintenance procedures.
- Theory of Fire – Explosion
- Types of Fire and Extinction Methods
- General Fire Precautions
- Structural Fire protection
- Fire Detection Equipment
- Fire Fighting Equipment
- Firefighters outfits and other PPE
- Action in event of Fire
Legislation & References:
- International Code for Fire Safety Systems (FSS Code), adopted by the MSC by resolution MSC.98(73)
- Fire Test Procedures (FTP Code) (1998 Edition)
- The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS):
- Chapter II-1 – Construction – Subdivision and stability, machinery and electrical installations.
- Chapter II-2 – Fire protection, fire detection and fire extinction.
- Chapter III-3 – Life-saving appliances and arrangements.
Certificate: ABS & Liberia
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.