Fatigue Awareness & Management online course intends to enhance participants’ understanding importance of obtaining the necessary rest
Effects of sleep, schedules and the circadian rhythm on fatigue Effects of physical stressors on seafarers Effects of environmental stressors in and outside the ship and their impact on seafarers Effects of schedule changes on seafarer fatigue.
- Understands the importance of obtaining the necessary rest and managing fatigue for all persons onboard.
- Recognizes effects of physical, mental and environmental stressors in and outside the ship and their impact on the well-being of the seafarer.
- Understands the effects that reduced sleep, changing schedules, increased workload and the person’s circadian rhythm cycle may have on seafarer fatigue.
- Understands the correlation between seafarer fatigue and accident causation.
- Lists minimum hours of rest for seafarers.
Legislation & References:
- IMO’s MSC/Circ.813/MEPC/Circ.330
- ILO Maritime Labor Convention No 180 2006
- STCW Section A-VIII/1 as Amended
- IMO Model Course 1.21 PERSONAL SAFETY AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Who should attend: All crew
Certificate: Liberia & ABS
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.