Fatigue Awareness & Management online course intends to enhance participants’ understanding importance of obtaining the necessary rest
Effects of sleep, schedules and the circadian rhythm on fatigue Effects of physical stressors on seafarers Effects of environmental stressors in and outside the ship and their impact on seafarers Effects of schedule changes on seafarer fatigue.
- Understands the importance of obtaining the necessary rest and managing fatigue for all persons onboard.
- Recognizes effects of physical, mental and environmental stressors in and outside the ship and their impact on the well-being of the seafarer.
- Understands the effects that reduced sleep, changing schedules, increased workload and the person’s circadian rhythm cycle may have on seafarer fatigue.
- Understands the correlation between seafarer fatigue and accident causation.
- Lists minimum hours of rest for seafarers.
Legislation & References:
- IMO’s MSC/Circ.813/MEPC/Circ.330
- ILO Maritime Labor Convention No 180 2006
- STCW Section A-VIII/1 as Amended
- IMO Model Course 1.21 PERSONAL SAFETY AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Who should attend: All crew
Certificate: Liberia & ABS