The International Maritime Dangerous Goods IMDG Code Awareness Training awareness online training provides trainees with a basic understanding of IMDG Code. All ships carrying dangerous goods shall apply the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code by marking and labeling all transported goods with the corresponding class label. IMDG Code Awareness online Training is an introductory course designed to provide a basic understanding of the IMDG Code, including the recognition, segregation, and handling of hazardous and harmful cargoes.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Provide a comprehensive overview of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code, elucidating its general provisions and its significance in the context of maritime transportation of hazardous materials.
- Enumerate and explain each Dangerous Goods Class along with their subdivisions, highlighting their distinct features, inherent risks, and corresponding safety measures.
- Interpret the stipulated guidelines for handling incidents involving dangerous goods per the IMDG code. This includes understanding the prescribed procedures in case of emergencies or accidents, as well as detailing the mandatory fire safety precautions when dealing with dangerous goods.
- Purpose and general structure of the IMDG Code
- Classes and Packing Groups
- Categorization of materials based on their hazard levels
- Stowage and Segregation of Goods
- Principles of stowing goods in a safe manner
- Segregation norms to prevent dangerous reactions between goods
- General Provisions in case of an Incident
- Emergency response procedures as outlined in the Code
- Fire Precautions Measures
Who Should Attend?
All crew (on board) and ashore personnel seeking a foundational understanding of the IMDG code.
Course Delivery Method
Learners can study online at their own pace through multimedia content such as videos, animations, quizzes along with simple simulations resembling real-life scenarios.
Approval: ABS and Liberia