Ship’s Cook course according to MLC 2006 Regulation 3.2 online course. The aim of this course is to provide participants a comprehensive approach to the fundamentals of Cooking, Food Safety Management and galley Health and Hygiene procedures.
- Understand how to apply high-level practical cookery onboard.
- Identify safe methods of food preparation, preservation and serving.
- Comprehend galley operations under the latest health and hygiene standards and principles.
Legislation & References:
- Maritime Labour Convention (MLC), 2006, Regulation 3.2 and the Code
- Guidelines on the training of ships’ cooks: The Guidelines on the training of ships’ cooks are intended to provide supplementary practical information and guidance to flag States that can be reflected in their national laws and other measures to implement Regulation 3.2 and the Code of the MLC, 2006.
Duration: 16 h
Who should attend: Chief Cook and Messman
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.