Cardiovascular Emergencies Awareness onboard online course aims to raise awareness regarding Cardiovascular Emergencies that might occur on board vessels.
Cardiovascular disease is the number one killer of adults. Prompt recognition and initiation of appropriate treatment can save lives during three of the most deadly cardiac emergencies: sudden cardiac death, heart failure, and acute pericarditis.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
1) Understand the burden of cardiovascular disease.
2) Identify the reasons cardiovascular disease is the main cause of death in the world.
3) Comprehend basic information on how to prevent and be alert for cardiovascular events.
4) Understand what a heart attack or myocardial infarction is, understand or suspect when someone is having a heart attack, identify its symptoms and signs and provide first aid assistance and ask for medical treatment.
5) Understand or suspect when someone is having a stroke, identify basic stroke symptoms and signs, provide first aid assistance and know when specialized medical treatment is needed.
6) Understand when to worry if someone presents with chest pain.
- Industry Best Standards following STCW guidelines
Vessel types: all vessel types including Oil tanker, Gas tanker (LNG/LPG), Bulk carrier, Container vessel, Chemical tanker, General cargo, Generic Offshore vessel, Passenger vessel
Who should attend: All crew, especially recommended for Chief Officer & Chief Engineer
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.