Ship Safety Officer online course. Under the International Safety Management (ISM) code, every ship must appoint a Ship Safety Officer (SSO) who has the knowledge, experience, and skills to look over the important safety issues related to ship safety and crew’s well-being.
- Understand the requirements of the International Management System (ISM).
- Apply the requirements of the Safety Management System on board a ship (SMS).
- Organize safe operations on board a ship and prevention of pollution.
- Apply the methods of conducting additional training on board a ship for safety and environmental protection.
- Safety investigation of Casualties & Incidents.
Legislation & References:
- STCW-78, as amended
- STCW Code, as amended
- SOLAS-74, as amended
- MARPOL 73/78, as amended
- ILO-Maritime Labour Convention 2006 (MLC)
- IMO ISM Code
- UKMCA “Code of Safe Working Practices For Merchant Seamen”
- TMSA Elements 9
- IMO Model Course 3.11
Who should attend: Existing and prospective Safety Officers
Certificate: ABS & Liberia
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.