Who should attend: Masters, Officers and on board Crew
Objectives and Benefits:Provides an overview of firefighting techniques, including using fire extinguishers and fighting fire with hoses and fixed installations as well as all necessary information required under a ship’s SOLAS Training Manual. Last but not least the course includes general information about drills, training and maintenance procedures.
- Fire Detection Equipment
- Fire Fighting Equipment and systems
- Firefighters outfits and other Personal Protective Equipment
Legislation & References:
- The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS):
- Chapter II-1 – Construction – Subdivision and stability, machinery and electrical installations.
- Chapter II-2 – Fire protection, fire detection and fire extinction.
- Chapter III-3 – Life-saving appliances and arrangements.
- International Code for Fire Safety Systems (FSS Code), adopted by the MSC by resolution MSC.98(73)
- Fire Test Procedures (FTP Code) (1998 Edition)