Course category: COMMON
Who should attend: All crew (Deck & Engine)
Objectives and Benefits: The aim of this course is to provide all crew members with basic information about emergency first aid procedures, such as Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), the use of Automatic External Defibrillators (AED) and the treatment of victims of choking, bleeding and shock.
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Automatic External Defibrillators (AED)
- First aid in emergency cases of choking, bleeding and shock
Legislation & References:
- STCW-78, as amended (Regulation VI/4 para.1), Code of STCW, as amended (Section A-VI/4 para.1,2,3; Table A-VI/4-1)
- International Medical Guide for Ships 9IMGS), as amended
- Medical First Aid Guide for use in Accidents Involving Dangerous Goods (MFAG), as amended
- IMO Model Course 1.14
Certificate: ABS & Liberia
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.