Course category: COMMON
Who should attend: Deck Operational and support, Engine Operational and support
Objectives and Benefits: The aim of this course is to provide sea going personnel (Operational) with the required information in order to prepare and respond effectively and properly to Port State Control inspections.
- The role of Port State Control
- The responsibilities of Port State Control Officers
- Regional Memoranda of Understanding, AMSA, USCG
- New Inspection Regime (NIR) and the inspection process
- Port State Control inspection process
- Deficiencies and consequences of an inspection
- Major areas of concern of PSC inspections and Best Practices
Legislation & References:
- IMO Resolution A.787(19), as amended by Resolution A.882(21)
- IMO Model Course 3.09
Certificate: ABS & Liberia
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.