ECDIS System & Electronic chart types online course aims to provide learners with the required information in order to introduce them to the normal configurations of ECDIS and the various chart types. Navigational Safety is a priority.
- Understand the basic information you should be aware of when navigating with ECDIS.
- Outline the basic characteristics and advantages of ECDIS.
- Understand the requirements for installing and operating ECDIS.
- Comprehend how to use the safety functions of ECDIS, how to update and protect ECDIS charts and how to record and back up ECDIS operations.
Legislation & References:
- SOLAS Chapter V
- STCW as amended
- IMO model course 1.27 and Resolutions
Who should attend: Deck Officers – Management and Operational Level
Certificate: ABS & Liberia
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.