STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FPFF) refresher training according to the guidelines of STCW 78/95, Section A-VI/1 and IMO Model Course 1.20.
This course covers the requirements of STCW 78/95, Section A-VI/1, Par. 2, Table A-VI/2 on meeting the minimum standard of competence in fire prevention and firefighting. A trainee will be competent to take appropriate measures for the safety of personnel and ship and to use fire appliances correctly. The trainees will also acquire knowledge of fire prevention.
STCW FPFF at a glance
- Approval: Liberia, ΙΜΟ whitelist flag, click here for LISCR approval, line 475
- Who is it for: Marine and Non-Marine roles including Officers and Ratings of merchant vessels, Cruise ships crews, Super yacht crews
- Accepted by: All flags that accept IMO white list approved training including Malta and Panama. Also: Liberia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Cooks Island, Dominica, Egypt, Hong Kong/P.R.C, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Morocco, Oman, Palau, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Tanzania, Taiwan.
- STCW Compliance: Fully compliant with the requirements of the SCTW Code as amended
- Courses and Assessment: Online, available 24/7, practical parts supported by attestation.
- Duration: 13h
- Eligibility: Refresh training only
- Prerequisites: Passport
- Certificate provided: Digital, PDF file (stamped hard copy available upon request)
- Certificate Validity: Five (5) years
Complete the course at your own time and place, save time and money with asynchronous e-learning. All you need is an internet-enabled device available (desktop/laptop/tablet/smartphone and a couple of days. If you have any questions you can visit the FAQ section, you can use the chat or the contact form, our maritime training experts will answer your questions!
No transportation costs • No wasted time • Also available on board • No physical attendance
- Minimize the risk of fire.
- Maintain a state of readiness to respond to an emergency situation involving fires.
- Fight and extinguish fires (Minimum standard of competence in the prevention and fire fighting thus protecting the safety of the personnel and of the ship ( A_VI\1 STCW).
After purchasing this course you shall receive instructions in order to provide the following documentation:
- Attestations. This course requires two (2) attestations to be signed. These attestations will be emailed to you after your order:
- Initially, you should sign the provided self-attestation.
- When you go onboard, you should have the second attestation signed by either the Master, Chief Mate, Chief Engineer, Second Engineer, or Designated Person Ashore (DPA) confirming practical experience and skills. Then the certificate is valid for the full duration of five (5) years.
Kindly note that before you purchase any course it is your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer as your employer may have specific requirements.