Basic Life Support Onboard Ships online course aims to provide learners with necessary information regarding Basic Life Support (BLS) especially for onboard emergency situations.
Basic Life Support, or BLS, generally refers to the type of care that first-responders, healthcare providers and public safety professionals provide to anyone who is experiencing cardiac arrest, respiratory distress or an obstructed airway. It requires knowledge and skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), using automated external defibrillators (AED) and relieving airway obstructions in patients of every age.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
1) Comprehend when a victim needs Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, identify when a victim is breathing and apply the knowledge of chest compressions and rescue breaths.
2) Recognize when you need to use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED).
3) Identify how to use an AED safely and effectively.
4) Understand how to handle severe cases of choking and how to perform the Heimlich maneuver.
5) Identify all the steps for placing a victim in the recovery position.
- Industry Best Standards following STCW guidelines
Vessel types: all vessel types including Oil tanker, Gas tanker (LNG/LPG), Bulk carrier, Container vessel, Chemical tanker, General cargo, Generic Offshore vessel, Passenger vessel
Who should attend: All crew, especially recommended for Chief Officer & Chief Engineer
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.