Prevention of Alcohol and Drug Abuse onboard ships online course. The aim of this course is to raise awareness regarding alcohol consumption and substance use on board.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify alcohol abuse as a threat to general health and quality of life.
- Recognize the dangers and negative effects of alcohol consumption in a maritime workplace.
- Understand the need for established policies about handling and preventing cases of alcohol abuse.
- Understand what substance use disorders are.
- Define the criteria for substance use disorders.
- Recognize which preventive measures need to be taken in order to deal with substance use disorders.
- STCW requirements – Regulation VIII/1, Code A-VIII/1 and B-VIII/1 – Fitness for duty
- IMO requirements
- OCIMF – GUIDELINES FOR THE CONTROL OF DRUGS AND ALCOHOL ONBOARD SHIP (link:https://www.ocimf.org/document-libary/149-guidelines-for-the-control-of-drugs-and-alcohol-onboard-ship/file)
- World Health Organization (WHO) health regulations
- Industry Best Standards
Duration: 3 h
Who should attend: All crew
Certificate: Liberia, ΙΜΟ whitelist flag
DISCLAIMER: The course is provided on an “as is” basis. Before you purchase any of our courses, it is exclusively your responsibility to check if it complies with the flag administration/approval body you require or you want to submit it to. Furthermore, you should check if the course is accepted by your employer or flag administration as your employer or flag administration may have specific requirements.