Onboard Ship Assessment online course (STCW Α-I/6) provides participants with the qualification for assessing seafarers level of competence in accordance with international provisions as well as selecting and organizing assessment methodologies (onboard ship assessors). The course is based on key topics of IMO Model Courses 1.30 “On board Assessment” and 3.12 “Assessment, Examination & Certification of Seafarers”, STCW Regulation I/6, A-I/6 and is interactive.
Who should attend: Managers, Superintendents, Recruitment Service Providers and Senior ship staff, directly involved in assessing seafarer competence while conducting appraisals, recruitment and monitoring of seafarer progress of performance for continual improvement. It is recommended that participants should have previously completed the course Train the Trainer.
- International provisions for conducting seafarer assessments
- Assessment techniques
- Identification of performance standards
- Assessment of knowledge, skills and abilities
- Measurement of the progress of performance
- Favorable and unfavorable conditions for assessment
- Use of feedback for performance improvement
- Steps for Conducting Assessment of Competence
Legislation & References:
- Designated Person Ashore guidance (element 4)
- Tanker Management and Self-Assessment standard (elements 3, 9, 10, 11 and 12)
- The Royal Institution of Naval Architects and the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology for Continuing Professional Development
This course satisfies the requirements for elements 4 of the Designated Person Ashore guidance.
This course satisfies the requirements for elements 3,910,11 and 12 of the Tanker Management and Self-Assessment standard.
This course satisfies the requirements of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects and the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology for Continuing Professional Development.
Certificate: ABS & Liberia